Monday, May 23, 2005

Match.com Girls

Two interesting updates. First, Match.com girl #1 (we'll call her MedGirl) finally was online at the same time as me, so we wound up IMing for about 2 hours last night. An interesting conversation for the most part. It's a little eerie, though -- as it turns out we live thisclose to each other. We talked about a bunch of things -- food, movies, family, etc. She also sent me a picture -- cute enough. At one point though, she asked me how many women I've met off the Internet and I think I said 5 (sad, I know). She said she's met about 15 guys. From there she said something like she's given up on meeting guys on the net. I asked if that included me and she went on to discuss what kind of relationship we might or might not have. She said she's not interested in an LTR and I said that was fine, I expected that since she's starting med school. From there it went into something about howshe dated a guy and he went all long-term on her right at the beginning, discussing marriage and children etc. and how that was disturbing. I agreed. Since she had previously mentioned that she'd lived with a guy for 3 years 5 years ago (she's only 26) I assumed that she probably still had some issues there. Anyway, I made what I thought was a cool observation about the irony of her telling me all this, which was a mistake since she said "sorry" and I said "just givin' ya shit" and shortly thereafter she said she was tired (it was only 10:30 p.m.) and had to go. So, I think I kind of blew that one. Dumb!

The other story is rather amusing. I was at a family gathering on Saturday so got a chance to pester my sister and brother about Match.com girl #2, "J". Not much that was "new" per se, except that suddenly my brother chimes in with "Well, there's the boob job she got last year!" And my sister's friend (who's friends with J) yells "you shouldn't have said that!". I just laughed. Apparently J got her boobs done about a year ago, she felt that they were too small for her proportionately. Having seen just a couple of pictures it appears she didn't overdo it or anything, they appeared pretty natural and normal-sized. I just found it interesting since it's not something I ever think about in 40-year-old women for some reason.

I have to say that it seems like since I started writing this blog I've had more stuff going on than I thought or hoped for. I don't know if it's just that I am realizing I'm not such a loser, or that I'm being more bold to pursue women. Either way I'm happy about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger That 30's Guy said...

DCG--you did blow it with girl #1. I've made the same mistake as you, lingering in IM sessions to long. In a little bit, I'm going to call the match.com girl I've been exchanging emails with for the last few weeks. My plan is to get on, hear her voice, make small talk and make plans to go out Thursday night. Hopefully I'm done in fifteen minutes or less. There's an old saying: Leave 'em wanting more.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home