Saturday, May 14, 2005

Single Moms

I see it's been almost a week since my last post, and I apologize! Not much this week to blog about, but I'll work on the first item.

Tuesday evening I was at [sports activity place], not a usual time/day for me to be there (I'm there a lot). I bumped into Nurse Single Mom and her daughter. I'd not seen them in about a month or 6 weeks, perhaps. NSM is very cute, early 30s I'd guess, and as the name says, a nurse and single mom (at least, I'm pretty sure -- no ring and I believe she mentioned something about an ex). Her daughter is just adorable -- around 11, I think, and cute as a button and smart too. I'm at an age when I am sometimes wishing I'd had an opportunity to have kids -- I really like them. My experience with my brother's kids suggests I am better with girls than with boys, which makes sense -- my parents were divorced when I was young and I was mostly raised by my sister, while my Mom was going to school (bachelor's and master's degrees). I really enjoy my nieces, while my nephew is a little harder for me to connect with.

Anyway, interestingly enough NSM was very friendly and asked me how I was and commented how she'd not seen me in a long while. (The last time I'd seen her I'd fallen while [sports activity] and had asked her to look at my wrist (since she IS a nurse); I'd sprained it. She had helped me carry my stuff out to my car and was generally very nice. ) Anyway, we wound up talking and joking a bit while walking out to the parking lot.

Not sure how to proceed on this one. Fortunately it's pretty easy to DCG this one since when I'm at [sports activity place] I'm usually pretty focused on [sports activity] and not in a mood to be on the sidelines chatting. Still, I'd like to spend more time talking to her and showing a bit of interest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should go for the nurse. I definitely sympathize with you on the "OK, great I'll go for it. Now what do you want me to do?"

I like this technique. "Hey, have you seen the previews for Will Farrell's new movie kicking and screaming" -- which is a bit of a test for her -- if she says "Oh, I love Will Farell, I'd love to see that movie." Then you move into "well, I was thinking about going later this week, wanna go?" Versus, the not interested response "I don't really like Will Farell I don't think he's that funny" -- which would mean little interest. . .

The method above is often referred to the "asking her out without asking her out" strategy -- patented by Adam Carolla on Loveline (a radio show).

Or you could just ask her to be your doubles partner. . . :-).

k
http://datingpersonals.blogspot.com/

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home