Sunday, May 01, 2005

So It Begins

Greetings! This is the inaugural post of my new blog, Don't Care Guy. Who is Don't Care Guy (DCG), you may ask? DCG is what I'm aspiring to be -- DCG is every woman's dream. While some think that woman only want to date assholes, that's not entirely true. They want to date a guy who's got it going on. They want to date a guy who's maybe not entirely available, but might be. They want to date a guy that is not uninterested; he just doesn't care one way or the other. In other words, they want to date Don't Care Guy.

This blog will chronicle my efforts to transform myself from the stereotypical "nice guy" into DCG. It will be difficult; I've been a nice guy all my life, and as you'd expect, have little to show for it on the dating front. I'm hoping that will change.

Some particulars about me -- I'm early 40s, never been married, no kids. I have a good job in the software biz and a variety of extracurricular activities. I'm not currently dating anyone seriously, but have a few prospects. Oh, and some very interesting (or perhaps not!) friends.

I'll warn you, I have no idea how often I'll post in this blog. It could be every day, it could be once a week. Who knows? Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dummy said...

Well good luck to you! I just happened to post about being a nice guy...

10:46 AM  
Blogger DCG said...

Thanks DD! I really enjoy your blog!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jamy said...

I think you are on the right track with the "don't care" attitude. If it means you focus more on making yourself happy and less on pleasing others, it should have the desired effect. A happy person is very attractive.

This approach could work for women too!

(Thanks for the link!)

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home