Friday, May 06, 2005

Annoying Women

Wednesday night I was out at [sports activity place] and bumped into a woman I know. I'll call her Annoying Crafts Girl (ACG). I've known ACG for about a year, maybe a year and a half. We both participate in [sports activity]. She is about 32, divorced, has a daughter. She teaches crafts for a living (thus the name) and is somewhat on the annoying side. Physically she's cute, in good shape, but a little on the thin side.

Last year we both participated in [sports activity] and she expressed a desire to do [shared sports activity] with me. She's repeated this several times, both to me and to mutual acquaintances. At the time I pretty much told her I didn't have the time for it.

When I saw her Wednesday night we were making small talk -- she was telling me gossip that I already knew (everyone tells me everything). At one point she said something like, "I guess I'm getting cynical -- not getting laid will do that to you." Of course my mental ears went up at that one. Then she went on to once again suggest that we should do [shared sports activity]. This time (forgetting my previous line) I told her "we'll see." She got all excited about this since she decided this meant I am giving in (or starting to).

I'm trying to analyze this one. She IS cute, but like I said, rather annoying. It's hard for me to picture her as GF material. And see how quickly I revert to nice guy mode? I'm not sure whether to continue to ignore her, or give her a little more slack and see what happens.

The ironic part of DCG, if you haven't figured it out yet, is that it's easiest to DCG when you genuinely don't care -- when the girl is unattractive (physically, mentally, spiritually, politically, whatever). Of course that means that you are likely to attract the attention of girls you'd rather not, and have to work hard to DCG the ones that you are actually interested in.

What a twisted world we live in!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dummy said...

It's also easier to DCG when you've got other people to attract your interest so you're not all focused on one person. It's like if you tease yet set up an invisible boundary that you can't cross, they'll notice it and will try to entice you to cross that boundary through their charms!

12:54 AM  
Blogger DCG said...

That's a good point!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jamy said...

The point is to have so much going on in your life that when you meet a woman you care about you won't be able to drop everything to give her all of your attention. It's not so much "not caring" as "caring about other things as well." And, if you don't meet a woman, you are busy and happy anyway.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home