Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Another Date With SG

I watched a movie with SG tonight (Lemony Snicket. Strange movie, but fun). Once again we were quite snuggly, but it was more me snuggled to her than vice-versa. Finally at one point she said I made her nervous; I said I was sorry to do so. She said she wasn't sure she could return my feelings. All sends very rejection-like, doesn't it? But the body language was quite different, for right after she said that she snuggled up next to me. Very strange!

After the movie we were talking and she said something I don't remember, and I said "Should I leave you alone?" in a mock-horror kind of tone, and she smiled and said of course not, she enjoys my company.

All in all it sounds like she likes me, she's just very shy or unsure. I can deal with that. Between our two schedules we don't have a lot of time anyway.

Match.com update -- I've not heard anything from either of the two women. Hmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamy said...

Yeah, um, she doesn't like you. I would start not caring right away. If you make yourself scarce she may change her mind. As it is, the mixed-signals don't signal anything good. Don't be her shoulder to lean on, unless you enjoy living in ambiguity-land.

3:12 PM  
Blogger DCG said...

mmm. Read your post, re-read my post. Thanks for the reality check... you are right.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Jamy said...

I'm sorry if my tone was harsh. I've been that girl and if you are really persistant you could probably make something happen. But I don't think it would be anything long-term and you'd keep talking about her ambivalence all the time (boring). Seriously, I would back off and if you never hear from her again, you have your answer.

6:30 AM  
Blogger The Dummy said...

Jamy knows her stuff and I give much weight to what she says because she tends to be so perceptive.

Understand that at one time or another, a girl you've been with has had unwanted physical contact or advances, and when the guy initiates all the contact, you pre-empt her response and blind yourself to how she would naturally react. If she's truly interested, *she'll* initiate and find ways to touch you. That's your cue - once that happens, then things open up significantly. In my experience, it's been very important to have the women feel *particularly* safe on the contact issue. There's nothing that turns off a woman faster than unwanted conctact. My two cents.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home