Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"We Have Met The Enemy...

and he is us." That's a Pogo reference, but probably most of you whippersnappers are too young to get it. Oh well!

I was reading this post by Singular Man (Dateless and Homicidal) when it really, really hit me --- my God, I'm one of those! He said in part, "...the tendancy of so many to fall for the utterly, obviously wrong (in every possible sense) kind of person". Okay, I don't think that is ACTUALLY me, but I realize that it probably looks like it to everyone else.

I had an IM chat with LJ today (she is alive and well, even if she's not blogging much) and talked about the situation with Samantha and I. I've also talked with several friends about it, and of course I read the comments on Singular Man's blog. There's a lot to think about. I'm torn between missing out on the love of life due to lack of nerve, and the desire to avoid a situation which could potentially rip my heart and soul to shreds. It's tough. I know it looks insane to most folks, and I appreciate the feedback (yes, even the "run away, far, far away!" comments) that I've gotten. It doesn't help that Samantha is gone so much. To some extent I'm leaving things in the hands of fate, which is maybe a chicken thing to do and maybe not. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Blogger confused said...

Take the chance, you only live once! Take it and show her the way YOU can love her. In time she will realize that she wants only you in every aspect.

Good Luck

5:54 AM  
Blogger Jamy said...

I am one of the people who thinks you're crazy, but it might be worth taking the chance. If you move to be with Samantha and it doesn't work out, then you will know that it wasn't meant to be. If you don't move and end the relationship that way, you will wonder.

I don't think it will work out, but what do I know? Sometimes we need to know that we tried everything before we can let go.

5:31 PM  
Blogger The Dummy said...

I think there's a mismatch here in terms of your feelings for her and her feelings for you. Hers isn't as intense as yours is, and that is what's going to make this hard to work out and even more painful for you if it doesn't. Those of us who aren't in your shoes can see this a little more objectively, and it doesn't look very promising unfortunately.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home