Friday, October 07, 2005

Moving Forward

I'm glad to report that Samantha came home safely on Wednesday morning. We had The Talk that evening, and it was filled with trepidation for both of us -- both afraid we would not be able to reconcile our needs in such a way that we could move forward together.

We talked about our needs. In her case, she strongly feels that she needs to be in Portland to support her friend and be with her goddaughter, who is like her own child to her. In my case, the need for her to choose me and forsake dating other people. After some discussion about what our interactions would be like and our expectations of each other, we were able to agree.

I'm very relieved, and extremely happy. I didn't want to lose her, I didn't want to accept a situation that would make me miserable. The future looks bright in the extreme! We will be moving to Portland in the near future (I'm looking for a job already), and probably get engaged in a few months. I'm ecstatic. As Samantha said, "it seems to good to be true." But it is true.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Kennya Karoline said...

oh... good for u both! congratulation! hey, i will link u... i wanna come here more times... and try to improve my english.
take care!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. I'm very happy for you, man.

You see? You started DON'T CARE GUY, and here you are, just six months later, in love and deeply involved.

Admit it, dude. You care.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow good for you! Hope the move goes smoothly!!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Congratulations :-)

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am very happy for you two.. its great! Im a little worried about Samantha though.. she hasent made an entry on her blog in quite a long time.. I hope she will return soon.. (not for her 30 first dates) Just to let us all know her thoughts

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home