Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Is This The End?

I attempted to post a haiku via audioblogger yesterday. It seemed to work, but it has not shown up yet so I don't know what the deal is or whether I should try again. Considering my current mood, probably not. Anyway, a warning -- whiny note follows!

Samantha's best friend lives in Portland, and she is visiting her now. In the past she has said she'd like to move to Portland, and I said I would look at jobs there. My expectation when I said this was that perhaps in a year or so if we are married (or at least engaged) we might move there. In the meantime I've been considering a job change here. I sent her an email Monday with info about the benefits for a job here that I just applied for, and got the following response:
I think you seriously need to start looking for jobs in Portland. You promised me you would look and you aren't looking. So look.
Okay, I suppose that is fair enough. It's a misunderstanding between us, but not one that needs to be rectified right now. I replied:
It was my understanding that we weren't thinking about this until January. It's too soon. However, I will look so as to get a feel for what's up.
And this morning I woke to find this response:
It's not too soon. Because I am moving to Portland.
No "we".

1 Comments:

Blogger That 30's Guy said...

DCG--you're an adult with responsibilites, she's a student, still green, and has nothing keeping her in one place but you. It seems like that's not enough. Don't play games. You may have to cut just your losses, no matter how hard it is.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home