Friday, June 03, 2005

Feast Or Famine

Sorry about the long delay between posts... in some ways there's been a lot going on.

First, MedGirl showed back up and IMed me to say she was sorry about her previous bug-out. On Sunday evening she asked me if I wanted to walk to a nearby Penguins to get ice cream, and I said sure because hey, I wasn't doing anything anyway and I wanted to see what she looked like. We had a nice conversation and she didn't give any indication of psycho-ness.

Second, a girl on match.com winked at me. In true DCG mode I sent her a note thanking her for the wink and asking for a picture, which she sent. Eh. I wasn't impressed, but I did email her to see if there were other redeeming qualities. Not sure on that score.

Third, later this last week MedGirl asked me if I wanted to go see Cinderella Man with her this weekend. Hmm! She asked me out. Interesting. I told her yes, and so we are probably going to go to a matinee either tomorrow or Sunday.

Fourth, a random woman IMed me on.. Wednesday night? Maybe Tuesday. She's 30, divorced with 3 kids. No picture. She's a bookkeeper at a local firm. Seems nice enough from what I know so far.

But....

Ironically enough, I'm totally not interested in any of this stuff (which of course means that they will all be crazy about me), because in the interim I've been talking on the phone with Samantha and I'm very intrigued and fascinated. She's amazingly smart and funny and sweet... can you tell I'm enthused? And, amazingly enough, she seems to feel the same way about me so far. Of course we haven't met in person yet... :-) Who knows?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Dummy said...

Why are you accepting a date from a person who flaked out on you? C'mon, man, you're better than that and you know it. A DCG guy wouldn't have given her the time of day after getting the treatment she gave you.

You deserve better, and that's what DCG guys are all about - no compromising on sh*t and letting them know you couldn't care less if you don't get the respect you deserve.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home